If you’ve been a fan of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, then you’ll know Gearbox Software’s work very well considering how popular both titles have been throughout the years. With the next generation of video game consoles soon to be upon us, we’re sure many of you are salivating at the mere thought of what a new Borderlands game would look and play like. Hold your horses there, compadre, as it looks like Borderlands 3 isn’t exactly being planned for next-gen yet.
During this weekend’s PAX Prime, Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford announced to a crowd of attendees his development studio was working on two new original games for next-generation platforms. No other details were given at the time, but Gearbox Software fans may be able to gain beta access to one of those next-generation games through the company’s Gearbox Community Day event.
The Gearbox Community Day event will take place on September 14 and if you’re unable to attend it yourself, you’ll be able to watch it live streamed through Twitch. If you purchase a “digital bonus pack” for the live stream, you’ll be given access to a future closed beta test in addition to an HD stream of Gearbox Community Day, Shift codes for Borderlands 2 and a copy of Homeworld HD.
- 2013-10-16: Borderlands 2 Gets In The Halloween Spirit With New DLC On Oct. 22
- 2013-09-03: Borderlands Developer Working On New Original IPs For Next-Gen
- 2013-08-28: Borderlands 2 Game Of The Year Edition Confirmed For October 8 Release
- 2013-06-25: Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360
- 2013-05-08: Borderlands 2 Receiving New Playable Character 'Krieg The Psycho' On May 14
- 2013-05-02: Borderlands 2 'Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep" DLC Title Leaked