If you’ve been a fan of Borderlands and Borderlands 2, then you’ll know Gearbox Software’s work very well considering how popular both titles have been throughout the years. With the next generation of video game consoles soon to be upon us, we’re sure many of you are salivating at the mere thought of what a new Borderlands game would look and play like. Hold your horses there, compadre, as it looks like Borderlands 3 isn’t exactly being planned for next-gen yet.
During this weekend’s PAX Prime, Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford announced to a crowd of attendees his development studio was working on two new original games for next-generation platforms. No other details were given at the time, but Gearbox Software fans may be able to gain beta access to one of those next-generation games through the company’s Gearbox Community Day event.
The Gearbox Community Day event will take place on September 14 and if you’re unable to attend it yourself, you’ll be able to watch it live streamed through Twitch. If you purchase a “digital bonus pack” for the live stream, you’ll be given access to a future closed beta test in addition to an HD stream of Gearbox Community Day, Shift codes for Borderlands 2 and a copy of Homeworld HD.RELATED
- Japan's Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Will Come With Puma Jacket
- Wii U Expected To Sell 25 Million Units In Its Lifetime, According To Market Research Firm
- Battlefield 4 Update For Xbox One Will Be Delayed
- YouTube Gaming Channels Received Copyright Violation Warnings
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Follow: gearbox software,
- Seen at: polygon