It wasn’t too long ago that ASUS took the wraps off the T100, which for those unfamiliar is a laptop running Windows 8.1 that comes with a detachable display that can double up as a tablet of sorts. The device was priced at a very affordable $349 for the base model, and it seems that Dell has decided to join in the race as well. Dell has recently announced that they will be releasing a similar product that will be part of the company’s Inspiron lineup of computers, and that it will sport an 11” touchscreen display that can be detached as well.
Dell plans to match the T100’s price and said device is expected to cost $349 and will be powered by AMD’s processors. The Intel model is expected to retail for more at $379. According to Dell, this upcoming model will be able to last an impressive 8 hours on a single battery charge and will come bundled with a free version of Microsoft Office, making this a pretty decent deal. The full specifications remain unknown but presumably more will be revealed as the launch of the device nears.
- 2014-04-22 Dell UP3214Q Review (UltraSharp 32 4K Monitor)
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02 Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26 Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23 Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update