GTA 5 for Xbox 360 comes on two discs. It is mandatory load up the “install” disc on the console’s hard drive, and while there’s nothing stopping gamers from installing the second “play” disc on their console’s hard drive, Rockstar advises that they don’t do that. Rockstar made this recommendation through a tweet, telling users that they shouldn’t install the second disc “for optimal performance.”
The installation of the first disk will take up 7.7GB on Xbox 360′s HDD, the “play” disc will take up an additional 7.8GB of storage if it is installed on the HDD as well. Apparently doing this will affect GTA 5′s ability to stream texture data. It is said that running both DVD and HDD assets from one source, the HDD, is likely to slow access times which may in turn impact streaming performance. The isn’t something that breaks the game, however it will be irritating for the gamer when the game isn’t able to stream objects and textures properly. There’s an obvious advantage of loading everything up on the HDD, no disc will mean no fan noise, unfortunately gamers will have to choose between sound or less than perfect visuals for now. GTA 5 isn’t available for digital delivery on Xbox 360, it remains to be seen if such an issue will be witnessed on PS3, for which the game is going to be available as a digital download from PSN. [Image via Pocketlint]
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04: Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-22: GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-20: GTA 5 For PC Revealed In Alleged Bug Reports
- 2011-03-22: Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed by Gilbert Gottfried, But For What Consoles?