Word that hails right from the mouth of an official source is what most of us would like to hear when it comes to the unveiling or release of a particular device or update. Case in point, Jason Mackenzie, President of HTC America, tweeted that the HTC One will finally be on the receiving end of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update before September comes to a close. Not only that, those who happen to have the HTC One Developer Edition sitting pretty in their pockets will also be receiving the last of the Jelly Bean builds from this week onward. We do wonder whether the rumored HTC One with an octa-core processor will arrive with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in tow assuming that rumor turns out to be true.
As for those of you out there who happen to own the HTC Droid DNA, the outlook is not all that optimistic, since the HTC Droid DNA will only be on the receiving end of Sense 5.0 alongside an update to Android 4.2.2, which means there is no Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in sight. Ah well, at least Sense 5 will offer BlinkFeed to keep the other features on the smartphone company. Something is better than nothing, right?
Next Story: Republic Wireless To Offer Motorola DVX (Rumor)
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-07-08: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Spotted On HTC One Google Play Edition
- 2013-05-31: HTC One With Nexus Could Run On Android 4.3