People lead busy lives which is why we don’t expect to keep up with every bit of tech news that comes their way, which also means that when Apple announced their new iPhones yesterday, not everyone might have heard of it. Jimmy Kimmel then decided to capitalize on this by going out onto the streets armed with an iPad mini, and convinced passerbys that the iPad mini was indeed the new iPhone 5S. Of course the footage has been edited to show those who actually fell for the trick, but it is pretty funny either way.
Some were amazed by the iPad mini’s graphics (even though it is almost a year old and sort of based on the iPad 2), while other claimed it felt sleek, with one woman even describing her experience with the tablet as “intense”. They even had people put the tablet up to their ears to pretend that it was a device, and in one case they even had a girl lick the tablet because they had convinced her there was a new “click it and lick it” feature! If you have a few minutes to spare and want to get a good laugh, you should definitely check the video out.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2013-05-28: Cheap iPad Mini Release Possible In Holiday Season [Analyst]
- 2013-04-11: Apple's 2013 Products Could Be Delayed Due To Development Issues