We have been hearing rumors about Google launching the Nexus 5 come this October. Granted nothing official has been said yet, but thanks to phone accessory manufacturer Spigen, it seems that we can expect to see a launch of the device on the 30th of October, or at the very least before the 30th of October. According to the screenshot pictured above, Spigen has listed a screen protector for the upcoming handset that will begin shipping on the 30th of October. This could mean that either Spigen has timed the shipment of the screen protector on the same day the Nexus 5 is released, or they have timed it for slightly after, but either way the October time frame is shaping up to be a pretty good date.
Rumors of the Nexus 5 started making its rounds when Google announced their Android 4.4 KitKat status, where a mysterious handset with the Nexus branding was spotted. Leaked benchmarks and leaked press renderings have only added fuel to the fire. In any case last we heard the 14th of October could be a date on which the device could be announced, which is about 3 weeks off, so we guess we won’t have to wait too long to see if the rumors pan out!
- 2014-03-18: Nexus Wall Charger On Google Play Store
- 2014-02-24: Nexus 6 Relies On 64-bit 8-Core Snapdragon 810 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-06: Next Nexus Tablet Will Be Built By HTC [Rumor]
- 2014-01-20: Intel-Powered Nexus 8 Could Arrive In 2014
- 2014-01-20: Nexus 7 Charging Docks Listed Without Official Availability Date