Sony is tipped to announce yet another two new concept imaging devices when IFA 2013 kicks off in Berlin next week. The pair of new ‘lens-camera’ devices which will arrive has already been spotted in the past – and they are the DSC-QX10 and the DSC-QX100 (whose user manual has already leaked out), where they happen to toy with the idea of being mounted onto a smartphone, while containing a built-in imaging sensor, Bionz processor, Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, an SD memory card slot and of course, a battery.
Not only that, it seems that there are suggestions going around that Sony will christen these lens-cameras the ‘Smart Shot’, which is a mash-up of the words Smartphone and Cyber-Shot. The lenses will also see the incorporation of optical steadyshot stabilization so that even beginners can capture some decent looking shots. Of course, there was an earlier rumor that this particular camera accessory could be known as EspressOn. You know what the Bard has mentioned in the past, a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet, so we would like to think that regardless of whether it is called Smart Shot or EspressOn, it would still get the job done in a satisfactory manner.
Next Story: Sony Could Unveil Chromecast Rival
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-01-28: Sony SPA-TA1 Tablet Attachment To Launch In Japan Soon
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-03: Sony QX10 And QX100 Pricing And Details Allegedly Leaked
- 2013-08-26: Sony NEX-5T with WiFi, NFC and Fast Hybrid AF