So, we do know that Sony has a spanking new Sony PS Vita that was just announced at their pre-Tokyo Game Show (pre-TGS) session today, but in what seems to be a surprising move, Sony will only roll out the Sony PS4 in the Land of the Rising Sun in February 2014. This would definitely raise many an eyebrow, especially when you consider just how Japan is Sony’s home ground. The February 22nd release date that is slated for next year would mean it would have missed the Valentine’s Day mark, but then again, the Japanese Valentine’s Day is celebrated on a different date so it would not matter too much.
Sony decided on a February 22nd rollout in Jpaan next year because they wanted to ensure that the PS4′s software library would be ready for the Japanese audience by then. It is tipped to retail for 41,979 yen (approximately $421.22) a pop, whle those who want the bundle that features the PlayStation Camera will have to fork out slightly more, to the tune of 46,179 yen (or the equivalent of $463.36 at prevailing exchange rates). As part of a rather shrewd PR move for their Japanese market, Sony will offer a free download code for Knack to those in Japan who purchased the console at launch, and obviously, this offer is good only in Japan.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: Sony Announces Over 1,000 Developers Licensed To Self-Publish On PS4