If you’re looking for an accessory that will match your recently acquired gold iPhone 5s, perhaps these pair of Happy Plugs earphones will do the trick, although you should be warned that getting your hands on a pair of these earphones will set you back an eye-watering $14,500. Yup, you read that right, these pair of gold plated earphones will cost you a small fortune, and why not? After all these earphones are crafted in Sweden and feature 25 grams of gold per earbud, not in total, but per earbud, meaning that you’d be stuffing your ears with about 50 grams worth of gold!
They have also been designed to resemble the original Apple earbuds so that’s a walk down memory lane for some of you, although we’re not sure if these guys have managed to fix the issue where the earbuds keep slipping out of your ears, and for $14,500 you would think they might. If you’re interested in getting your hands on these earphones, whose audio quality we can’t attest to, hit up the Happy Plugs website where you will be able to order one for yourself. Those who do not have $14,500 to spare will be happy to know that they offer regular earphones which are priced at a more reasonable $24.99-$29.99.
- 2014-02-11: LG Earbuds Which Tracks The Heart Rate Hits The FCC
- 2014-01-08: Aurisonics' Rockets IEMs Claims To Be "Indestructible"
- 2013-09-09: Jony Ive Creates Solid Gold EarPods For Charity Auction
- 2013-08-20: The Pogo Concept Is The MagSafe Equivalent For Earphones
- 2013-08-12: RHA Unveils MA600i And MA750i Earphones