It goes without saying that a lot of HTC One users are waiting for the Android 4.3 update. The update has already begun rolling out across different regions for users who have developer edition or unbranded units, in time to meet HTC’s self-imposed deadline of rolling out the update before the end of September. However, those who possess U.S. carrier branded HTC One will have to wait for a bit longer, says HTC executive Jason Mackenzie.
A few weeks ago HTC said that it was working hard to roll out Android 4.3 as well as a HTC Sense update to users, it said that the roll out would be completed by the end of September. The month has nearly ended yet there’s no sign of the update for customers with carrier branded units. Mackenzie confirmed via Twitter that the update has already started rolling out for unlocked/unbranded units, adding that carrier models will “slightly miss” the September deadline. He assures everything that they’ll be kept updated on the process. Mackenzie mentions that U.S. carriers are all “very supportive,” but doesn’t say exactly how long will it take for the Android 4.3 update to hit customers. One can only hope that it doesn’t end up taking a lot of time.
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-02-13: Android 4.3 For Xperia T, TX And V Being Rolled Out
- 2014-02-11: Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-01-29: HTC Butterfly Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-17: HTC One Android 4.3 Update Increases Charging Speeds, Has VZ Cloud App Preloaded
- 2013-12-15: Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 Update Approved
- 2013-10-20: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.3 Update Will Be Released This Monday
- 2013-10-13: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.3 Update Release Slated For Next Week
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8