Rovio’s Angry Birds franchise debuted as a mobile game, although the game has since moved onto other platforms, such as for consoles and the PC. Well if you were planning on picking up a next-gen console like the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 for yourself, you might be interested to learn that Rovio will be releasing Angry Birds Star Wars (the first installment) for next-gen consoles in November which is also around the time where both consoles will be seeing their initial release. However for current-gen console gamers of the Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, PS VIta, Nintendo Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, the game is available starting from today.
For next-gen consoles, Angry Birds Star Wars will be taking advantage of several of the console’s features. The PlayStation 4 version of the game will rely on the DualShock 4’s touchpad, and will support the Move in single player and local multiplayer modes. As for the Xbox One, the game will feature exclusive timed challenges and will also play nicely with the new Kinect sensor that will be bundled together with the console. We’re not sure if these are the types of titles next-gen console gamers are looking forward to, but we guess it’s still an option for those who want to play a quick game or two.
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18: PS4 Sales In UK Might Have Surged As Well Last Week
- 2014-03-13: Xbox One Closes In On PS4 In February 2014 NPD Figures
- 2013-10-30: Angry Birds Star Wars To Debut On Next-Gen Consoles
- 2013-08-21: Angry Birds Star Wars Multiplayer Mode Shown Off In Video
- 2013-07-18: Angry Birds Star Wars Headed To Consoles, Handhelds On October 29
- 2013-07-15: Angry Birds Star Wars II Coming September 19 Along With Physical Toys
- 2013-07-12: Angry Birds Star Wars Prequel Teased Ahead Of July 15 Reveal