With the introduction of iOS 7, Apple has revamped the notification center to make it a bit more relevant and informative, giving you not only your notifications, but telling you what you have planned for today, what the weather is, and etc., although it looks like it could get a more beefy update in the future as Apple has reportedly acquired Cue, the personal assistant app. Apple has yet to confirm this acquisition and has released a statement saying, “Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans.”
According to the reports, Apple could have paid anywhere between $35 million to $60 million for the company and once the company had be acquired, they announced their plans to shut down their app and services. For those who have not had the pleasure of using Cue, what it does is that it scans your emails which will help you create your agenda for the day. For example if you have an email that talks about a meeting, Cue will schedule it in for you, making the process more automated. It is unclear what Apple plans to do with Cue, although like we said earlier, they could be thinking of beefing up the notification center to bring it more in line with Google Now.
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch