Many had wrongly assumed that the iPhone 5c would be Apple’s low-cost iPhone, and while the iPhone 5c is technically cheaper, it isn’t cheaper by that much meaning that it won’t exactly be the handset that will be breaking into emerging markets. In any case if you thought that the asking price of the iPhone 5c even on contract was a little too pricey for your tastes, you’re in luck because it seems that despite being on sale for only two weeks, retailer Best Buy has decided to throw in a $50 gift card along with the iPhone 5c which can actually be used towards the device, meaning that the phone, $99 on contract, can be yours for $49 instead.
This is a pretty good deal and the good news is that if you didn’t want to use the $50 gift card towards an iPhone 5c, Best Buy has stated that the card can be used on other devices like the Samsung Galaxy S4 which retails for $199 on contract. This is a limited time offer so you best hurry if you want to cash in on this deal. According to Best Buy, this promotion is meant to drive traffic, specifically towards the iPhone 5c and the Galaxy S4, and given that $50 is a pretty big cut, which is almost half of the iPhone 5c’s price, it will no doubt help to boost sales.
- 2014-03-19: Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18: Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18: 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17: 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well