If you grew up playing arcade games then chances are you might have heard of the Double Dragon video game. The good news is that if you were hoping to relive some memories and replay the game for nostalgic purposes, you’re in luck because a compilation of Double Dragon games will be making its way onto your mobile devices and will play nicely with both the iOS and Android platform. The game was originally released in 1987 and has since been remade for a variety of consoles. No word on when the game will be released, but according to its description, it states that it will be “coming soon on iOS / Android”, so we guess we will just have to play the waiting game for now.
The compilation, dubbed the Double Dragon Trilogy, will feature all three installments of the original arcade series. This includes Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone. It will also feature two game modes: Arcade and Story, with former involving racking up as many points as possible, while the latter will unlock stages and achievements. There will be three different difficulty levels and for gamers looking to relive the authentic experience, you will be able to choose the original 8-bit soundtrack, although a remastered soundtrack is also available. There will also be a co-op mode (score!) that allows players to play over Bluetooth and will also support gamepads.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-01-16: Apple And Google Remove Plastic Surgery Game From Their App Stores
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-10-28: BBM For Android And iOS Will Remain Free