HTC has confirmed that the Android 4.3 update for EVO 4G LTE will be launched in the U.S. by the end of this year. The confirmation comes from HTC America’s president Jason Mackenzie, who tweeted that the device will receive the Android 4.3 and HTC Sense 5.0 update by the end of this year. However, Mackenzie has not provided a concrete release date, he has only provided a timeframe for us to work with. There’s the possibility that the update might take longer to release, given that the carrier would first want to run its own tests before rolling it out to its customers.
The company is already under the process of rolling out Android 4.3 update for HTC One in the U.S. Sprint is one of the first carriers to roll out the update to its subscribers. Mackenzie has already said that other carriers will be launching the update soon too, though it might take slightly longer than originally anticipated. It can be speculated that the reason behind the delay could be carriers running various tests. Mackenzie has used Twitter frequently to keep HTC customers up to date with the company’s firmware update release schedules, its a good practice, certainly eliminates having to wonder if a particular update is going to be rolled out for a device at all.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: android 4.3, evo 4g lte,
- Seen at: twitter