According to earlier rumors, it was speculated that the HTC One Max phablet could see a launch on the 17th of October. Interestingly enough it turns out that the rumor was semi-accurate because according to recent invitations that have been sent out (via Engadget), HTC has announced events in both Hong Kong and Taiwan on the 16th and 18th of October respectively. Given that Taiwan’s event is held on the 18th and due to the timezone difference, it is possible that the 17th of October date is true as it might still be the 17th in a different part of the world. However we’re not sure why HTC has decided to hold two separate events, especially only days apart.
According to the event which was written in Chinese, it reads, “One finger opens up a big view” and “You are invited to immerse in the sound with us”, possibly hinting at the HTC One Max’s rumored fingerprint scanner and inclusion of Beats Audio respectively. In any case we are looking forward to the official announcement and put an end to all the rumors and speculation, so if the HTC One Max is a device you would love to get your hands on, despite it using a slightly less powerful processor in the form of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (versus the Snapdragon 800), check back with us on those dates for the details!
Next Story: HTC One Gets An 18-Carat Gold Makeover
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-11-27: HTC One Max Review
- 2013-10-17: HTC One Max Will Not Be Headed To Canada
- 2013-10-16: HTC Comments On One Max's Fingerprint Security
- 2013-10-08: HTC One Max Confirmed To Get Fingerprint Scanner, Says WSJ
- 2013-10-07: HTC One Max May Include Fingerprint Scanner [Rumor]