By examining over 40 million unique iPhones through its analytics software, Localytics today published a new report which reveals that the “unapologetically plastic” iPhone 5c actually has the highest adoption rate in the U.S. Prior to its announcement, it was consistently rumored that the iPhone 5c would see greater adoption in markets like China and India, as it was expected to be sold for under $300 off contract. That didn’t happen though, and there’s no data to support that the iPhone 5c has taken the Chinese market by storm, but it does appear to be doing relatively well on home turf.
Localytics’ data indicates that 5.5 percent of all iPhones around the world are accounted for by the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c, with the former leading with a market share of 3.8 percent. The most popular iPhone remains the iPhone 5, accounting for almost 40 percent of Apple smartphones around the world, followed by the iPhone 4S in second place with 32.9 percent. The iPhone 5c sees lowest adoption in Germany, but the highest in the U.S., almost 33 percent of the 6.4 percent of all active iPhones in the U.S. that are accounted for by both new iPhones. Could this be due to the fact that the iPhone 5c is available for as low as $49 on contract, as opposed to its high-end sibling, that commands $199 along with a two year contract? That certainly may be one factor, but if the data proves anything, its that the low cost iPhone isn’t exactly making waves in the markets it was initially believed to be out to conquer.
Next Story: New Daylight Saving Time Bug Surfaces In iOS 7
- 2014-03-19 Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18 Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09 iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03 iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29 iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27 Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile