I guess the term “set top box” might need some looking into, especially when you take into consideration the physical form factor that the MK Z1 Android TV box comes in. Most of the Android TV boxes that we have come to know about tend to arrive in a rather large USB flash drive kind of look, with the larger models featuring additional space to stash away more ports, but most of the time, they would not tickle the imagination nor excite the senses. With the MK Z1 however, this particular model has been shaped to look like a cylinder, making it large enough to feature a built-in Ethernet jack as well as a front-facing camera, now how about that? I am quite sure that certain quarters would claim that this is a ripoff, or to put it in a milder manner, an “inspired” version of Apple’s upcoming Mac Pro.
The MK Z1 would be powered by a Rockchip RK3188 ARM Cortex-A9 quad-core processor, where it is accompanied by 2GB RAM, 8GB of internal memory, in addition to 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity. Other than that, the ports which accompany the MK Z1 include an HDMI port, a microSD memory card slot, a micro USB port, a couple of full-sized USB ports, a headset jack and a 10/100 Ethernet jack, with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice.
Next Story: Ostrich Pillow Light Lets You Nap On The Move
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul