Taking a page out of its parent company Google’s playbook, Motorola has released one of its smartphone’s core applications on the Google Play Store. The Motorola Camera app has now been released, and is readily available for download. There’s a caveat though, the app is only compatible with Moto X right now and it doesn’t seem like compatibility will be expanded to include other Android devices as well, quite unlike Google which doesn’t limit core apps to a specific device. Though its possible that Motorola might make the app available for its DROID lineup somewhere down the line.
Motorola Camera app makes it easier for the company to update camera software on Moto X without having to first develop an app updating system of its own. To roll out camera software updates for the Moto X, the company merely needs to update its standalone app. This particular release brings a number of improvements. The camera viewfinder has been brightened and Quick Capture has also been enabled for more enterprise users’ IT policies. The usual slew of bug fixes are present as well. Motorola Camera app for Moto X is available as a free download from the Google Play Store, it weighs in at just 2.5MB.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-06 Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06 Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01 Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17 AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off