Its no secret that demand for dual SIM smartphones exists in certain markets, demand can particularly be witnessed in emerging markets. Barring Apple, a number of major manufacturers have released a dual SIM variant of their flagship smartphones. Such variants might not gain traction in the West, that’s why they’re almost never released there. As per a latest rumor, both Nokia and HTC are working on dual SIM Windows Phone devices, though it hasn’t been confirmed exactly when these devices will be coming out and which markets they will be available in.
At this point in time no additional information is available about this dual SIM Windows Phone smartphones. Their monikers, specifications and features are not known, so obviously there’s no information about price and availability. Nokia isn’t expected to make an announcement any time soon, rumor has it that its dual SIM Windows Phone devices won’t come before the end of this year. HTC might take even longer, pushing the release of its devices in 2014. These devices are said to be dual SIM, dual standby which basically means that both SIM cards are on standby when neither is being used. However when one SIM card starts being used, the other one automatically becomes inactive.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-04-03: Hands-On : Nokia 630 And 635 Review
- 2012-09-24: HTC's Windows Phone handsets are "good news" according to Nokia
- 2012-03-07: HTC TITAN 2 and Lumia 900 going on sale soon?
- 2011-12-29: Nokia Ace LTE arriving on AT&T next March?