Its no secret that demand for dual SIM smartphones exists in certain markets, demand can particularly be witnessed in emerging markets. Barring Apple, a number of major manufacturers have released a dual SIM variant of their flagship smartphones. Such variants might not gain traction in the West, that’s why they’re almost never released there. As per a latest rumor, both Nokia and HTC are working on dual SIM Windows Phone devices, though it hasn’t been confirmed exactly when these devices will be coming out and which markets they will be available in.
At this point in time no additional information is available about this dual SIM Windows Phone smartphones. Their monikers, specifications and features are not known, so obviously there’s no information about price and availability. Nokia isn’t expected to make an announcement any time soon, rumor has it that its dual SIM Windows Phone devices won’t come before the end of this year. HTC might take even longer, pushing the release of its devices in 2014. These devices are said to be dual SIM, dual standby which basically means that both SIM cards are on standby when neither is being used. However when one SIM card starts being used, the other one automatically becomes inactive.RELATED
- Quechua And Archos Unveils Rugged Smartphone
- Limited Edition BlackBerry P'9982 Comes With Crocodile Skin Back
- White Nokia Lumia 929 For Verizon Leaked
- Google's Nexus Devices Susceptible To SMS Bug That Causes Phones To Reboot
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite Reportedly In The Works
- Follow: HTC, Nokia, windows phone,