The Oculus Rift has been touted to be one of the more immersive virtual reality (VR) hardware that we have laid our eyes upon over the course of this year, especially when we spent some time with it at CES earlier this year. Well, the future for VR is bright, and it is exactly this very future that will undergo a fair amount of discussion at an event that is planned for sometime early next month. This particular event will be hosted by senior engineers over at Oculus this coming November 2nd. On that particular day, Oculus COO Laird Malamed will spearhead a day-long symposium that comprises of debates as well as demonstrations of virtual reality and game development.
There will also be other scheduled sessions at the Future of Virtual Reality with Oculus VR, where among them include technical Q&A sessions, developer and employment workshops in addition to the much looked forward to hands-on time with the Oculus Rift. The venue of choice for this particular event to take place? We are looking at the Microsoft Nerd Center in Cambridge, Mass., and while entrance will remain free, one is expected to make some charitable donations to the Boston Children’s Hospital for a good cause.
Next Story: ACER C720 Chromebook Launches At $249.99
- 2014-04-21: Oculus Rift Gives You A Taste Of The USS Voyager Bridge
- 2014-04-21: Oculus Rift Lets You Enjoy Hoverboard Action
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-15: 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-04-14: Oculus VR Founder Thinks Television Will Be Irrelevant In The Future
- 2014-03-24: Hands-On: Oculus Rift Review (Crystal Cove, DK2)
- 2014-03-05: Jerry Seinfield’s Apartment Recreated For Oculus Rift
- 2013-05-06: Oculus Rift Developers Make A Guillotine Simulator Called Disunion
- 2012-08-01: Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headset convinces gaming stars [+video]