With the iPhone 5s, Apple offered the gold color as an option for the very first time. Demand for this particular color has apparently been quite high, with Apple even reportedly ramping up production of the gold iPhone 5s. The question everyone had in their minds after the iPhone was announced was that if the company will offered gold as a color option for its next generation iPads. Apple hasn’t officially confirmed this as yet, but purported rear casings of the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 decked in gold have leaked.
The casings look identical to the ones that have previously leaked, so no surprises there. We’ve also seen casings identical to these in the space gray color, which substituted the traditional black color on the new iPhone. Apple is expected to do the same with its next generation iPads. So if these leaked casings are the real deal, then we’ll definitely be seeing gold iPads, and if they’re not, people will probably just be psyched about the new iPads anyway. Apple is expected to make its iPad announcements on October 22nd, but so far it has not confirmed if an event is going to be held on this date, no invitations have been sent out as yet. [Image via CTechCN]RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Ultra Realistic Painting Of Morgan Freeman Done On The iPad Air
- Holiday Shoppers Prefer Tablets As Retina iPad Mini Supply Eases Up
- Amazon's New Ad Pokes Fun At The iPad Air
- Retina iPad Mini's Display Ranks A "Distant Third" Compared To Nexus 7 And Kindle Fire HDX
- Follow: iPad 5, ipad mini 2,