When the much awaited GTA Online update was launched for Rockstar’s GTA 5, it did come with its set of problems which is common during the start. Some of the issues had to do with logging in, but now according to reports, there are claims where players have lost their characters, progress, items, and in-game cash. Rockstar has since acknowledged that this is one of the issues that they are working on to resolve, stating that, “We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release [...] We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value.”
Rockstar has recently rolled out a patch meant to address some of the issues that were experienced by both Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers, but we guess this was one of the problems that has yet to be fixed. As usual there’s really no telling how long it will take for Rockstar to come up with a solution to fix this particular problem, but safe to say it looks like GTA Online players can expect their experience to not be optimal, at least for the foreseeable future. In the meantime any of our readers who have played the game experience the problem mentioned above where their characters and progress have been lost?
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04: Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-27: Red Dead Redemption 2 Could Launch As Soon As 2014, According To Analyst
- 2014-01-22: GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-22: US Cable Companies Sue The Rockstar Patent Consortium
- 2013-10-01: GTA Online Is Now Live