Only last week we reported that a couple of well known Android tinkerers had teamed up to create the root method for AT&T Galaxy Note 3. They’ve now replicated the same for Big Red’s variant, allowing users to root Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V. The method is actually called Root De La Vega, an obvious jab at AT&T CEO Ralph De La Vega. The carrier is known for its disapproval of unlocked bootloaders, but that doesn’t stop tinkerers from getting their way and opening up paths for the millions of commoners who use these devices.
Since the root method has essentially been replicated for the Verizon variant, the same limitations apply. Those who want to root Verizon Galaxy Note 3 would require a Windows PC, the method can’t be done through a Mac. Samsung’s ODIN tool will be required as well, and it wouldn’t hurt if aspiring root maestros knew the various technicalities that surround the process. Also, the device’s entire internal memory will be wiped, so please make a backup before proceeding. Through this method, a pre-rooted version of stock Galaxy Note 3 firmware is installed on the device, which is why the root package weighs almost 1.24GB. Since the bootloader on Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V remains locked, custom kernels and recoveries can’t be installed at this moment. The root package and relevant instructions can be found over at XDA forums.
Next Story: Microsoft Update 3 For Windows Phone 8 Announced
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20: Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-01-22: Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Makes Its Way To Verizon
- 2013-12-10: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 OTA Update Rolling Out
- 2013-11-07: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Address Sound Quality And Connectivity Issues
- 2013-10-11: Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition “Coming Soon”
- 2013-10-10: Verizon Gets Galaxy Note 3