A couple of weeks ago, it was discovered that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 could be region-locked which is bad news for those who travel often and who were planning on purchasing the device from the grey market. Samsung has since responded to the region-locking by claiming that this applied to first-time activations only, although admittedly it still is something of a restriction we’re sure many Galaxy Note 3 owners would not like to have. In any case as expected, a method to bypass the region-lock has since been released by developer Chainfire, who is well-known in the Android developer community for his efforts such as triangle-away, CF-Auto-Root, SuperSU, Mobile Odin and more.
His latest released, called RegionLock Away, basically allows users to bypass the region-lock on their Galaxy Note 3 devices, allowing them to do as they wish with their device and use any SIM card that they want. However the downside to this is that it requires the user to root their phone in order to do so. What this means is that for the not-so tech savvy user, this could be a difficult or complicated task to accomplish, but for the more tech savvy or for those with experience rooting phones, we guess this is one way you could go about doing it. The RegionLock Away tool can be downloaded via Playboard for $2.79 so hit up the app store for the download and additional details!
Next Story: HTC One Max With Verizon Branding Spotted
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-02-27 AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20 Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18 Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05 Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover