There has been a bit of sniffing around done, where an internal Samsung KNOX document did point to the South Korean manufacturer’s plans to roll out Android 4.4 KitKat to both the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and Galaxy Mega in due time. This would come about after said devices receive updates to Samsung’s security app. Of course, we all know that there are two different Samsung Galaxy Mega models, with one of them being the Galaxy Mega 5.8 while the other is the Galaxy Mega 6.3, so we will just make the assumption at this point in time that regardless of your Mega model, it will still be on the receiving end of Android 4.4 KitKat.
Having said that, you would most probably heave a sigh of relief knowing that your smartphone will still be hanging around for quite some time with Android 4.4 KitKat installed on them, since there would be no good reason other to upgrade to a newer model other than a change in scenery where hardware specifications are concerned. It would be nice to see an official list of all devices that would receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update for sure though, as that could prove to be the basis for a mobile phone purchase roadmap for some of us. Image courtesy of SamMobile.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, kitkat, Samsung,
- Seen at: gsmarena