Samsung has just announced their first tablet-based ultrasound system, where this particular device will be known as the Samsung UGEO PT60A. Just as how one does not judge a book by its cover, the Samsung UGEO PT60A might be slim and compact in size, but that does not mean it would offer a performance level that is not quite up to par. The UGEO PT60A was specially designed to satisfy all applications in the Point-of-Care market, which also happens to be the fastest growing medical segment right now in the healthcare industry. This is one of the more recent devices among a number of innovative medical imaging products that Samsung will be showcasing later at this week’s American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA) annual meeting.
The UGEO PT60A has already picked up 510(k) FDA clearance in August, and it will be in time for the October launch. Some of the features found in the UGEO PT60A tablet include an industry leading, full 10.1” LED touch-screen monitor, Needle Mate that offers precise identification of the needle’s location, SDMR that provides clearer imaging with an innovative noise reduction filter, and SCI which delivers remarkable spatial and contrast resolution. [Press Release]RELATED
- Doctor Visits Can Now Be Done On iOS, Android Devices For Only $49
- iPad Used With Augmented Reality App In Liver Surgery
- Smart Cover Magnets Can Apparently Disable Implanted Defibrillators
- iPads To Assist Wounded Veterans In Home Care Situation
- Cedars Sinai Hospital Announces BabyTime Initiative For Mothers To Interact Remotely With Their Newborn Baby
- Follow: Samsung,