We recently found out The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker wasn’t the only game in the Legend of Zelda series Nintendo had considered to create an HD remake for. Prior to deciding on The Wind Waker HD, Nintendo had toyed with possibly offering an HD remake of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as well as The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. But it looks like Nintendo may have some future plans for The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask.
The Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma spoke with fans as part of a Facebook Q&A session, with a number of them asking for information regarding the future of Majora’s Mask. At the end of the Q&A session, Aonuma-san added the following in regards to Majora’s Mask:
“Oh, one more thing. I see many of you have been asking about a remake of Majora’s Mask for Nintendo 3DS. It’s nice to see such a strong response to this title and we haven’t forgotten about Link’s adventures in that world. If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may better understand what I mean by that.”
We’re not entirely sure what exactly Aonuma-san meant by his final statement during the Facebook Q&A session, but we certainly will be looking for as many clues as possible when The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is released next month.
- 2014-04-13: Pokemon And Zelda Monopoly Box Art Spotted Online
- 2014-04-02: Limited Edition Princess Zelda Figurine Unveiled For $350
- 2014-03-03: Man Gets Stabbed By Master Sword From Zelda During Domestic Disturbance
- 2013-11-21: New Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Trailer Highlights Accolades, Gameplay
- 2013-10-29: Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Nintendo 3DS XL Bundle Announced
- 2013-10-08: The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Took Six Months To Develop
- 2013-09-26: Toon Link Added To Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Roster
- 2013-09-25: The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Gets In On The Selfie Craze