When I think about same-day delivery, the first thing that pop in mind is groceries of course, although none of the available options have worked so well. However, Verizon just announced a same-day delivery for San-Franciscans who want to buy a phone online and get it the same day. The same deal was previously available in Philadelphia.
Given that it is often be a hassle (schedule-wise) to head into a local store, I’d say that this is a pretty good idea. And since it’s only slightly more expensive than the overnight delivery ($19.99 vs $14.99 for overnight) the extra convenience won’t cost you too much. Orders placed before 10am will be delivered by 7pm on the same day – that is in essence what Verizon is proposing to San Francisco residents.
While Verizon is the first wireless carrier to propose this option, they are part of a larger trend. Amazon, eBay, Wal-Mart and Google all offer various degrees of same-day delivery as well. Depending on what you want to buy, the choice or the delivery price may or may not work, but it’s fair to say that if those two elements are “right”, it’s hard not to like the idea.
Next Story: A Fully Decked Out Mac Pro Would Cost $14,000
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure