Nintendo promised earlier this year they would roll out updates to its Wii U in the spring and summer to help improve the video game console in a number of important areas. The company released the Wii U’s spring update this past April, although many were wondering where the promised summer update was, considering we’ve entered the fall season in the northern hemisphere a few weeks ago. Nintendo might have been a tad late, but they have just rolled out their “summer” update for the Wii U.
Nintendo has issued an update to Wii U consoles that allows users to play their original Wii games on the Wii U gamepad by using remote play, but a Wiimote is still necessary in order to actually play the games. This seems like a great update, but having your Wii U gamepad in your lap along with a Wiimote seems like a bit of overkill, especially if the games you’re playing don’t use motion controls.
In addition to this new feature, Nintendo has also rolled out its regular dose of bug fixes and stability updates. So if you’ve been wanting to play your Wii games on your Wii U gamepad, it seems like this is as good as it’ll get for the moment.
Next Story: GTA Online Currently Experiencing Server Issues
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-02-04 Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-09-19 'Wii Sports Club' Brings Classic Wii Sports Games To The Wii U
- 2013-09-11 The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wasn't The Only Zelda Game Nintendo Considered For HD Remake
- 2013-09-06 Nintendo Drops Price Of Super Mario Galaxy 2 And Other Popular Wii Games
- 2013-08-28 The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Releasing On October 4