The other day we reported on the possibility that the Crash Bandicoot franchise was being sold back to Sony, but as it turns out that isn’t the case. This is according to a statement released by Activision whose spokesperson was quoted as saying to GameInformer, “Activision owns Crash Bandicoot and we continue to explore ways in which we could bring the beloved series back to life.” Assuming that this is the case, and that Activision isn’t trying to throw us for a loop, why is the website still down, and why is the game still not listed on Activision’s website? Could it be that negotiations are in the process and they don’t want us to know?
Crash Bandicoot was one of the original games for the first Sony PlayStation and was rather iconic given that the game was pretty played on every demo PS1 unit out there, especially since the game was a great way to show off what the console could do. The game was originally developed as a PlayStation exclusive for Sony by Naught Dog studios before it was sold to Activision who have not made a Crash Bandicoot game in years. In any case what do you guys think? Are you bummed that the franchise had not been sold back to Sony where it might see a revival on the PS4?
Next Story: HTC Announces Gold Colored HTC One
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2013-11-22 Sony Rumored To Be Buying Back Crash Bandicoot Franchise From Activision
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2011-05-25 New Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 bundle arrives