With the launch of the iPad Air on the 1st of November, the redesigned tablet and its new hardware has proven to be quite popular, with reports by trade-in services claiming that trade-ins of older iPads have doubled due to everyone wanting to get in on the iPad Air action. Well it seems that those numbers might be correct as AT&T has claimed that they are witnessing 200% iPad activations over last year, presumably also thanks to the introduction of the iPad Air.
According to Ralph de la Vega, AT&T Mobility’s CEO, “iPad activations on AT&T increased more than 200% over the past three days compared to last year’s launch weekend, driven by consumer excitement around the new iPad Air and the popularity of AT&T Mobile Share, which lets customers add an iPad to their existing data plan for just $10 a month. We also saw strong demand for AT&T Next, which offers customers an iPad for $0 down on the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network.”
It is no secret that Apple’s iPads tend to do pretty well, but with the redesign that has made the tablet not only smaller, but lighter, it is understandable that users of the older iPad would want to get in on this. What do you guys think? Have you hopped aboard the iPad Air bandwagon yet?
- 2014-04-21: Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2013-12-08: Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- 2013-09-28: AT&T And Apple Resolve Lawsuit On Original iPad Unlimited Data Claims
- 2012-11-16: AT&T Announces iPad mini Availability
- 2012-03-08: Verizon to offer hotspot capabilities with the new iPad
- 2012-03-06: AT&T and Verizon teases something “Exciting” On website