Any website owner will tell you that a DDOS attack is no fun at all. Heck, it is definitely one of the worse experiences that a website owner will be able to go through, and the situation can be more or less said to be amplified many times over if you happen to be a large organization, and your bread and butter is derived from activity on the website by users alone. Game servers, should they come under a DDOS attack, is but a minor inconvenience in the larger scale of things, and this is what seemed to have happened over the weekend for Battlefield 4 players.
Before replacing the news segment on its Battlelog page with some PS4 snippers, there was a message which gave confirmation to an ongoing issues which concerned PC servers. This message read, “We are currently experiencing attacks on our infrastructure that is impacting online gameplay on BF4 PC. We are working on mitigating actions.” DICE’s Ali Hassoon also confirmed that these were DDOS attacks, and we quote, “We are being targeted by a DDOS, but working on fixing it ASAP. I’m sorry somebody is ruining your and my day. Rest assured we are doing our best to mitigate the situation though.”
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase
- Jack Tretton Leaves As President And CEO Of SCEA