It seems that games made for Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 4 will have native Full HD 1080p support, and that seems to be the case for Blizzard’s Diablo 3 which will be making its way onto the PlayStation 4 console come 2014. This was confirmed by Blizzard themselves at BlizzCon 2013, where the game’s director, Josh Mosqueira revealed that the game’s expansion, Reaper of Souls, would run at 1080p Full HD resolution at 60fps. Mosqueira also confirmed that those who are currently playing the PlayStation 3 version of the game will be able to transfer their characters and progress from the PS3 console onto the PS4 console, if they were to switch consoles later on.
However he was unable to confirm or specify if gamers would receive a discount if they were to get Diablo 3 for the PS4 if they had already bought the game for the PS3, and stated that they were still figuring it out as to how they might be able to distribute the Reaper of Souls expansion for the PlayStation 4 console. What do you guys think? Should Diablo 3 for the PS4 be made a free download if a PS3 version had already been bought?
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-04: Thief Gets New Trailer, Goes Gold
- 2014-01-30: PS3 To Xbox One Upgrade: Microsoft Offers $100 Discount
- 2013-06-11: Diablo 3 For PS3/PS4 Will Have Exclusive Uncharted And Journey Items