With Android 4.4 KitKat having been released not too long, HTC announced that HTC One devices in North America could look forward to receiving the update within 90-days, with the Google Play edition of the handset expecting to see a release within 15-days. While that’s great for our friends in North America, what about those who are living in other regions? Will HTC be able to deliver the Android 4.4 KitKat update in a timely manner for them as well? Well it turns out that HTC will be doing just that and has announced an upgrade schedule for the HTC One in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (the Asian rollout still remains unknown at this point in time).
In a statement released by HTC, “Across EMEA, HTC will work with local carriers to begin the roll-out of Android 4.4 with Sense 5.5 for the HTC One from the end of January. The Google Play edition will start to receive the update earlier, starting from the end of November. Details regarding the HTC One Max and HTC One Mini will follow.” We’re not sure why the HTC One Max and One Mini have not received any release dates yet, given that both devices are newer than the HTC One, but perhaps hardware could be an issue. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled, but for HTC One users in the EMEA regions, the update is one worth keeping an eye out for!
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-26 HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29 Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15 Original HTC One Prototype Revealed