The Huawei Ascend P6, a smartphone which was first released to the masses sometime in the middle of this year, did arrive with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in tow back then. However, all was not all peaches and cream with the Huawei Ascend P6 after its launch. Since the handset came in an extremely slim form factor, the older generation quad-core processor that ran under the hood found it difficult to keep the temperature down. Hopefully the folks over at Huawei have managed to do something about that prickly situation by now, but at least there is some good news for Ascend P6 owners. The handset has just received official confirmation that it will be on the receiving end of the Android 4.4 KitKat update.
Apparently, folks over in China have used Baidu as the platform to disseminate such information, announcing that this extremely slim smartphone will receive Android 4.4 KitKat later next January. One thing is for sure, the Huawei Ascend P6 will not be the only smartphone that will receive this mobile operating system update, and it will not be the last, either. If you are a proud owner of the Huawei Ascend P6, are you looking forward to this bit of news being fulfilled to the letter?
Next Story: Alleged HTC M8 Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Huawei Targets $300M Spend In Global Marketing For 2014
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03 Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2013-06-28 Huawei Ascend P6 Google Play Edition Could Arrive
- 2013-06-19 Huawei Ascend P6 Pre-order Open In UK And Finland
- 2013-06-19 Huawei Targets 10 Million Ascend P6 Shipments In 2013
- 2013-06-18 Huawei Rules Out 'Nexus Experience' Devices, Praises Its Emotion UI
- 2013-06-16 Huawei Continues To Tease Ascend P6 Before 18th June Launch