While it is possible that Sony is currently focusing their efforts and gearing up for a launch of the Sony Xperia Z1s which was accidentally revealed on Sony’s website not too long ago, it seems that Sony might have another phone in the works with a metal band as part of its design, as pictured in the leaked image above which shows off the alleged component. It is unknown as to what phone this component will be part of, but it is possible that Sony might be getting ready for a new flagship device for 2014. After all the company announced the Sony Xperia Z at CES 2013 earlier this year, so it wouldn’t be a complete surprise if they were to announce a follow-up at CES 2014, unless of course the Xperia Z1 is considered the phone’s successor, in which case it would be a little early for a sequel.
Apart from the metal band component, which is familiar in design and suggests a Sony Xperia device, not much else is known. There was no scale provided but some have assumed that this will probably be in the 5” range, but other than that it’s pure speculation at this point in time. We’ll keep our eyes and ears peeled for more information regarding a possible new Xperia handset for CES 2014, but try not to get your hopes up just yet. In the meantime what do you guys think? Anyone looking forward to a sequel to the Xperia Z, or do you consider the Xperia Z1 its true successor?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”