Owners of a number of Motorola’s Android devices, including the Droid Mini, Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Moto X, have been anticipating the arrival of Android 4.4 KitKat ever since their intentions to upgrade these devices was learned earlier this month. For the Moto X, specifically, it looks like the wait shouldn’t be too long according to a Motorola’s CEO.
Motorola Mobility CEO Dennis Woodside spoke during a Moto G launch event earlier today to reveal its Moto X will receive Android 4.4 KitKat “in a matter of weeks.” The Moto G, on the other hand, will launch with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, although Android 4.4 KitKat is certainly expected to be rolled out in the device’s future.
Seeing how Android 4.4 KitKat was already spotted on a T-Mobile Moto X just last week, we can’t image the wait to be much longer. Hopefully Motorola will be able to roll out Android 4.4 KitKat to the Moto X in time for the start of the holidays as we’re sure many people are going to be snapping a photo or two sometime during Thanksgiving and beyond. With the improvements Android 4.4 KitKat will deliver for the Moto X, we’re certain this is one of those times where the term “the sooner, the better” comes into play.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-03-04: Sprint Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Announced
- 2013-08-08: Moto X Review
- 2013-08-01: Moto X Hands-On, First Real-World Impressions
- 2013-08-01: Moto X Specs, Release Date & Features (Official)
- 2013-07-13: Hello Verizon Moto X? New Photo Appears