The house of Nintendo has kept generations entertained, where they really entered mainstream consciousness via the Nintendo Entertainment System back in the 1980s, while the SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U have continued the trend of solid console gaming with titles that are now staples of folklore, including the Mario and Zelda franchises. Hence, it is rather surprising to hear that Nintendo could actually venture into the tablet territory, with Android as the operating system of choice. So far, such rumors have already started to circulate, where Nintendo is said to be testing out its very own Android-based tablet, albeit it will come in a completely customized format, of course.
You will be unable to enjoy the company of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, or Mario Kart on this tablet, since it has been worked on to train its crosshairs on the educational segment, although do expect the edutainment titles to feature characters that are extremely famous in their own right. Nintendo has declined to comment on this rumor since it is never their policy to do so, but we do know that Nintendo of America software engineer Nando Monterazo was the one who released this information on Twitter (which has since been deleted, of course).
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-02-21: Consumers Spent More On Mobile Games Than Handheld Games Last Quarter
- 2012-02-13: Old Nintendo Game Boy fitted with Motorola flipout Android 2.1 phone
- 2011-11-09: Android and iOS dominate the portable game market
- 2011-07-06: Pokémon arriving on Android and iOS devices
- 2011-03-04: N64oid: Nintendo 64 emulator released for Android