When the word Android is mentioned, chances are most of you guys will think of Google’s smartphone and tablet operating system, but it seems that there is a small watch company that goes by the name Android as well, and they have announced their plans to launch a smartwatch next month that will pair with, wait for it, Android smartphones! There’s no telling if Android plans to make their products compatible with iOS devices, but for now Android will play nicely with Android.
As expected their smartwatch offering will not differ too greatly from other smartwatches. It will include the ability to tell the time (obviously), a pedometer, allow the user to make or take calls, play music, voice memo recording capabilities and more. It will also come in a variety of colors, such as blue, red, orange, black, and white, and will allow the user to choose between user interfaces and display either a digital clock face or an analog one. Pricing of the Android smartwatch is unknown at this point in time, but if you’d like to see the watch in action, you can check it out in the video above.
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-13 Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09 iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09 iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180