We have seen the Amazon Cloud Player launched for the PC platform sometime in the middle of this year, before it makes its way over to the Mac platform a few months down the road. Well, is that the end of the Amazon Cloud Player? Not really, as we now hear today that the Amazon Cloud Player is now made available on both the BMW and Mini Cooper. Drivers of a BMW or MINI Cooper will now be able to make use of the Amazon Cloud Player for iOS so that they are able to access their music library conveniently on their iPhone or iPod touch devices, all through the clever use of the vehicle’s controller as well as display. It will be made available in BMW Apps and MINI Connected equipped vehicles from model year 2011 forward, so if you are driving anything older, that’s just too bad. A time for an upgrade, perhaps?
As for the amount of features available in the Amazon Cloud Player for iOS, they will include high-quality 256kbps audio, the ability to access music in the cloud which will free up local storage space on devices, in addition to a simplified connection which will ensure that you can kiss goodbye to CDs and wires.
- 2014-04-10: BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-07: Amazon Fire TV Handles Android Mirroring Nicely
- 2013-10-29: Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- 2013-09-25: Amazon Cloud Player Desktop App Gets MP3 Store Addition