It was earlier this morning when we read about how the Android 4.4.1 update will be able to solve the camera woes experienced by Nexus 5 owners, but is that all there is to the update? Apparently, the Android 4.4.1 update too, will be arriving on both the Nexus 4 as well as the Nexus 7 2013 (LTE model only at this point in time) too, where the respective manual update packages can be downloaded for installation at your own pace.
So far, there has not been any reports concerning the updates that are rolling out to the Wi-Fi Nexus 7 or the Nexus 10, so it would be safe to assume that there will be some bug fixes in the update which have something to do with mobile connectivity. It might also be presumptuous to assume, but we are going to go ahead too, that the camera fixes for the Nexus 5 too, might not make its way down to the rest of the Nexus family. Some folks have reported that sideloading the Android 4.4.1 update on the Nexus 4 did not yield any difference in the camera, not to mention the alleged new progress bar not appearing when snapping a HDR image. The manual update packages for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 can be found here and here, respectively.
Next Story: US Navy Launches UAV From Submarine
- 2014-02-26: ASUS Nexus 7 Dock Now On Sale
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2014-02-13: Verizon Nexus 7 LTE Activation Possible Via New Update
- 2014-02-11: Verizon Nexus 7 Release Confirmed For February 13th
- 2014-02-09: Verizon’s Nexus 7 Arrives At Stores (Rumor)
- 2013-05-24: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Spotted Running On Nexus 4 In Thailand
- 2013-05-13: Nexus Q Will Reportedly Not Be Revived At I/O 2013
- 2013-02-12: Android 4.2.2 Update Hit Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Maybe Nexus 4
- 2013-01-16: T-Mobile Supports HSPA+ Nexus 7, Expands Nexus 4 Availability To Retail Stores
- 2013-01-11: LG Halting Nexus 4 Production To Make Way For More Nexus Devices [Rumor]