Asus has an entire lineup of devices perfect for customers who want the best of both worlds, a smartphone and a tablet. The company has already released multiple variants of the PadFone, just recently the budget centric PadFone Mini was officially announced. It appears that Asus might have yet another similar device up its sleeve which it might unveil early next year. A PadFone X has popped up on AnTuTu benchmark, running Android 4.4 KitKat. The device is likely to be a successor of the PadFone 2 which was released in late 2012.
The benchmark information reveals that the PadFone X is touting a quadcore Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor under the hood with 2GB RAM, 16GB of onboard storage and possibly a 1,200×1,920 pixel resolution display. It is also expected to have a 5 megapixel rear camera at the very least. It is not known right now if both the smartphone and tablet’s display share the exact same resolution. There exists the possibility that internal specifications might be changed by the time Asus decides to unveil this device, its possible that at this point in time the company is merely testing a number of prototypes. It is not known when Asus plans on unveiling the PadFone X, but with CES 2014 and MWC 2014 both coming up in the first few months of 2014, we can expect an announcement at either event.
Next Story: Galaxy S5 Launch At MWC 2014 Possible [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-19: ASUS PadFone Infinity Lite Launched
- 2013-12-10: ASUS PadFone Set To Arrive Stateside
- 2013-09-21: MeMOFone HD5 And PadFone Mini Confirmed By ASUS
- 2013-09-17: ASUS Reveals PadFone Infinity Featuring Quad-Core CPU, Full HD Display
- 2013-08-09: ASUS Creating New PadFones, FonePads and MemoFone HD 5