It was exactly a week ago that the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition was announced to the masses, and the device did come with Android 4.4 KitKat installed right out of the box to get you started. Well, it is nice to hear that just one week after the device’s announcement, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update has been released for the tablet, following in the footsteps of the HTC One Google Play Edition as well as the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition which received a similar Android 4.4.2 KitKat update over the weekend.
This particular update will be made available via Over The Air (OTA), and the new firmware version would be Android 4.4.2/KOT49H, which would allow it to be up to date with the existing range of Nexus devices. So far, we have not gotten any wind concerning the official changelog of the update, so it remains to be seen whether any of the bugs in the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition will be squashed or corrected. Of course, just like any other OTA updates, this particular one will roll out to users in stages, and if you do not have the patience to wait, just download it directly from Google’s servers before performing a manual flash procedure.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-03-04: Verizon LG G Pad 8.3 LTE Announced
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet