Last month Sony and Microsoft released their new gaming consoles, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, respectively. Both consoles are without a doubt hot items right now, with retailers selling out of stock and buyers having to resort to paying more for buying the console off the internet through individual sellers. One such deal, arranged online, has gone horribly wrong in San Francisco. When they both met, the buyer shot the seller, took the PS4 console and fled. As of now, police are investigating and have yet to make an arrest.
The victim who was selling his PS4 has been described as a male in his early 20s, was shot multiple times by the suspect being described only as an adult male. This happened around the area of Jerrold Avenue and Bayshore Boulevard near Highway 101 at about 3:30 pm in the afternoon. The victim was later taken to the hospital where he passed away. This unfortunate event is one of the many that have recently been reported, one man got fleeced last week by someone who handed him a PS4 box full of towels instead of the console and fled with the money whereas a local GameStop in Indianapolis was robbed recently, the robbers specifically asked for all Xbox One units, but since the store was sold out, the opted for nine PS4 costing around $3,400.
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-13: Survey Predicts 'Swing Gamers' Opting For PS4 Instead Of Xbox One
- 2014-02-24: Xbox One Price Cut Across The Pond
- 2014-02-13: NPD: PS4 Tops Hardware Sales, Xbox One Wins On Game Sales