Back in November, we reported on the rumors that Samsung could be working on a device called the Galaxy Grand Lite. The handset, if the rumors are to be believed, is said to be a slightly less powerful version of the Galaxy Grand 2 that was announced in South Korea back in November as well, and now thanks to an FCC sighting, a mysterious device has been sighted which some have speculated to be the Galaxy Grand Lite. Granted the filing did not actually specify the name of the device, but this has not stopped the internet from speculating anyway. There is no word on when Samsung could announce the device, but as CES and MWC 2014 are around the corner, perhaps we won’t have to wait too long to find out.
As far as its rumored specs are concerned, we have heard the Galaxy Grand Lite could sport a 5” 480×800 display, which is admittedly pretty low by today’s standards. It is also rumored to be powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage that can be expanded via microSD, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a VGA front-facing camera, and a 2,100mAh battery. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but like we said with CES around the corner, perhaps Samsung might take advantage of the event to announce new smartphones as well, so be sure to check back with us for more updates!
Next Story: ATM Hack Uses USB Drives To Steal Money
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-01: Samsung SM-T800 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-27: Samsung SM-T805 Spotted In FCC Filing
- 2014-03-18: Low-end Samsung SM-G310 Stops By The FCC