Sony Xperia smartphone owners have been patiently waiting for the company to release the much awaited Android 4.3 update. It has indeed started the roll out process, with the update already having been released for the Xperia Z1 and the Z Ultra. Merely a couple of days back, The Xperia Z, ZR, ZL and the Xperia Tablet Z all received their Android 4.3 updates. Sony Xperia Sp owners shouldn’t worry about being left out, it appears that the update they have been waiting for might just be around the corner.
A member on the XDA developers forum, who appears to be an official beta tester for Sony, has posted a picture of his Xperia SP running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Moreover, a new firmware build has been certified for this smartphone just a few days back and it is believed that this might be an Android 4.3 build. Going by these developments, it shouldn’t be long before the update is finally rolled out over the air for all Xperia SP variants, C5302, C5303 and C5306. The Xperia SP is also slated to receive the much sought after Android 4.4 KitKat update, though that might not happen until we’re well into 2014. A number of other Xperia smartphones are also yet to be updated to KitKat.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-02-11: Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update