As we’re sure everyone is aware, Star Wars is not real, despite efforts to build a real-life Death Star. The franchise while beloved by many is unfortunately that of some pretty damn good science fiction, but possibly in a bid to keep the franchise relevant, a Star Wars Instagram account has been launched where the first photo posted was that of Darth Vader himself taking a selfie which seems to be the rage these days. Good to know that even a busy man like Darth Vader is keeping up with the times! Additional photos have since been posted and they are from older Star Wars movies, such as concepts from A New Hope, and a scene where Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader fight each other.
It is unclear as to what the purpose of this Star Wars Instagram account is for, but then again companies have been known to sign up for Instagram accounts to post photos of products, so we guess this isn’t all too surprising. Given that the next Star Wars movie, Star Wars: Episode VII, is due in the next two years, we guess the Instagram account will also do a good job of keeping fans updated with the latest news and photos from the movie set (hopefully). In any case if you’re a fan of Star Wars, this is an Instagram feed you might want to start following!
- 2014-04-14: Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02: Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model