It wouldn’t surprise anyone to hear that thieves prefer Apple devices. The company makes some of the most sought after devices in the world, and people are definitely willing to pay money. A number of Apple retail stores have been robbed in the past as well, the latest heist has taken place in Berlin, Germany. Thieves smashed a car into the store’s front door, grabbed whatever they could and sped away in different cars. The car used to break into the store was stolen. The Apple store in Berlin is at Kurfürstendamm and is the company’s only brick and mortar outlet in the city. It was opened in May 2013 after construction took nearly two years and is housed inside a 100 year old renovated theatre, it happens to be the 12th Apple store in all of Germany.
While authorities have declined to say exactly how much the stolen merchandise was worth, it probably wouldn’t have been monumental given the fact that the store’s inventory had been locked away for the night. Some 20 Apple devices, used for demonstration purposes in the store, weren’t locked and the thieves were only able to get their hands on them. This isn’t the first time that thieves have decided to smash into an Apple store, last September a store in Temecula, California had its front windows smashed. [Image via Bild.de]
Next Story: New Galaxy Gear Ad Is Cringeworthy
- 2014-01-09: Apple Opens 10th Retail Store In Mainland China Tomorrow
- 2013-12-23: Thieves Rob Apple Store In Berlin, Crash Car Into Front Door
- 2013-12-01: Apple Stores Feature Red Colored Logo For World AIDS Day
- 2013-11-24: Tim Cook Decides Against Opening Apple Retail Stores On Thanksgiving
- 2013-11-20: Apple Store App For iPad Revealed At Last
- 2013-11-11: Apple Store Goes Down Worldwide, iPad Mini With Retina Display Coming Soon?