The new year is less than a week away and those who have made plans to ring in 2014 at special locations around the world are already gearing up for travel. Search the internet for popular spots and you’ll find dozens, but every list is bound to include Times Square in New York City. Over a million people from around the world gather at this famous location in midtown Manhattan where one of the world’s largest celebration of New Year’s Eve takes place. Moreover, the celebration is broadcasted and viewed by over a billion people. The official Times Square New Year’s Eve 2014 app has been released which lets you keep up with the festivities even if you can’t make it to New York.
The ball drop has taken place at Times Square since 1907, with the exception of 1942 and 1943. It is over 12 feet in diameter, weighs almost 6 tons and contains more than 32,000 LEDs making for a very colorful affair. Through the app, you can watch live streaming of events in Times Square which leads up to the new year as well as the iconic ball drop. The app lets users customize the countdown clock according to their timezones, so that they don’t miss the festivities. It will also display tweets from the Times Square Ball, which will include news and pictures taken from the very top. The Times Square New Year’s Eve 2014 app is available as a free download from the App Store and Google Play Store.
Next Story: HP 11 Chromebook Review
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2011-10-17 GroundLink car service comes to iOS and Android